Wednesday 6 October 2010

Clean up

First I have to clean up before I can fix up.

I woke up to a rainy day, the perfect weather for staying inside my apartment and cleaning it so I can find enough room to apply my interior decorating ideas. I love baskets and have been collecting them from yard sales and swap meets, so I'd love to find a good way to organize those. I'd also like to display some of my beadwork that took me so long to make.

I'm not a big fan of fake flowers but I keep them on hand for craft projects.  Unfortunately one of my cats will eat any indoor plant, even celery stalks I've pitched in the trash can. So indoor plants are out. I did make a terrarium last year, but I had no where to set it so it's out on the patio. I'd love to bring that back inside where it was meant to be.

Our dining room is a sewing area. It's going to stay that way because we sew about five times a week between the two of us.  I hope to some day get rid of all the boxes in there and put in a dining room table which would give us an area in which to cut fabric. Right now we set up a makeshift table outside to cut fabric on.

But today it's raining, so you can see why we need an indoor place to cut fabric. And with my home dec projects I'm going to need to cut fabrics even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment