Monday 10 June 2013

Curtain Rod Tips and Paper Towel Holder

I don't know if this blog is inspiring you but it is inspiring me. I can't wait to do the next project so I can tell you how it went.

Since we are renting, and on a budget, we are limited in the types of changes we can make. But a lot of you are in the same boat, so hopefully my tips will help you.

Today my boyfriend put the paper towel holder under the new wood shelf, which is a place we often need a paper towel. Cost: $1.00. You can also make use of the space under a shelf by adding cup hooks or key holders.

Then I got out the curtain rods for my bedroom. Planning to save money we took a short cut and bought a double curtain rod set-up, planning to use one rod on each window. However, that didn't work out. There is only one set of brackets. It turned out to be a happy mistake though. Now that we've lived here for 8 months, I'm realizing a double set of curtains on each window is a great idea. In the summer I can have the lace curtain to block the light but the other curtains can be tied back.  In winter I'll have two layers of curtains so when it snows here and the cold air seeps in, I'll stay warmer. So now we need to buy another set of double curtain rods, but if I remember correctly it is only about $5.



Use the wasted space under a shelf for a paper towel holder.
Double curtain rods fit on one bracket set.

Two bedroom windows.



Double Curtain Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment